WORLD-BEAM Q12 Series
- Sets a new industry standard for ultra-miniature photoelectric sensors
- Features a housing just 22 by 8 by 12mm, with bipolarized and non-polarized retroreflective sensing modes
- Delivers powerful sensing performance in extremely confined areas
- Rated IP67 for use in the widest range of locations and pplications
- Available in models with rugged, sealed housing or PFA chemical-resistant jacket
- Mounts deirectly on or inside manufacturing equipment, with robust metal lined mounting holes consistently located on all models
- Uses unique overmolded design for enhanced durability and shielding
- Available in dark or light operate models
Detecting bottle caps of various colors
Determining whether or not a bottle has a cap requires additional sensing controls when the production line runs products with various coloredcaps than when sensing like-colored caps. The sensing solution must be able to detect many colors at a specified distance, while ignoring the product inside the bottle.
As plastic bottles pass below the WORLD-BEAM Q12 Sensor, the fixed field beam identifies bottles with caps – no matter what their color – and rejects bottles that are missing caps from the line. The Q12’s laser like LED beam sharply cutoffs at 15 mm, 30 mm and 50 mm range, ensuring it won’t mistake objects inside the bottle caps.
Q12 models are avaulable with PFA chemical resistant jackets and can be used in 1200 psi washdown conditions and other harsh environments. The compact housing makes it easy to mount into tight spaces, which means the Q12 will fit almost anywhere along the line.
Other sensing solutions that achieve silimar results include:
- M12: Similar sensing features as the Q12 with a convenient 12 mm barrel housing Click here to read more…
- QS18 Adjustable Field: Adjustable background suppression up to 300 mm Click here to read more…
- QMH26 Adjustable Field: Hygienic design with adjustable background suppression sensor for food applications
Click here to read more…