Offers high performance across difficult targets like metal or black rubber.
Banner Engineering has expanded its L-Gage LE family of laser sensors with the new LE250. Optimized for measurements ranging from 100 mm to 400 mm, the LE250 features superior measurement precision and a small laser spot size. It offers the same robust housing, intuitive user interface and linear array technology as the LE550, but the smaller beam size and better resolution allow customers to solve a wider range of applications.
Key features include:
- Linear array allows for reliable detection and measurement across a wide range of difficult targets, from black rubber to shiny metal.
- Resolution of 0.02 mm out to 250 mm and a resolution below 0.2 mm out to 400 mm – this optimized performance for shorter ranges makes it a great solution for applications where precise dimensional measurements or positioning are needed.
- Smaller spot size, approximately one millimeter – makes it ideal for small part detection and provides more consistent measurements for applications that present varying colors, including multicolored packaging.
- Intuitive two-line, eight-character display – allowing for easy readability, quick adjustments and simple menu navigation.
- Visible red, Class 2 laser beam and small spot size – ensures quick setup and alignment.
Applications: Quality Control, Error-proofing, Process Control
- Validate part thickness/height
- Verify correct assembly of components
- Verify part presence (weld nuts, gaskets, etc.)
- Positioning of robot end effector or nozzle
- Loop/tension control
- Part identification/sorting