Encoder Products Company (EPC) has released the A58 Series of EtherCAT-ready heavy duty absolute encoders. The A58 Series is the first in a new line of absolute encoders from EPC to offer networking capabilities. They easily connect into an industrial network with minimal setup requirements, thus allowing for rapid deployment. These multi-turn absolute encoders are suited for applications where fieldbus connectivity is required and the encoder has to retain position information even after a power loss. The A58 EtherCAT-ready Absolute Encoder Series offers two different models including Model A58HE which is a 58mm encoder in a hollow bore construction, and the Model A58SE which is a 58mm shaft encoder available with either a clamping flange or synchro flange.
- EtherCAT Deterministic Communication
- Multi-turn resolution up to 43 bits
- Up to 16 bits of single turn resolution
- 58 mm diameter housing
- Bores sizes up to 0.375″ or 15 mm
- Shaft diameters up to 0.375” or 10 mm
- Durable magnetic technology
- Proven turns counting technology with no gears or batteries
- Operating temperature range of -40° C to 85° C
- Sealing rating of IP65 (on A58SE, 10 mm shaft comes with IP67 sealing)
- Continuous digital position monitoring
- Ability to retain absolute position after a power outage
- Meet CE/EMC Standards for Immunity and Emissions
- Easily designed into a wide variety of applications.
- Plug directly into a network with minimal setup which allows for fast deployment.
- Works in various configurations, including daisy-chaining, and redundant-ring configurations.
- Retains absolute position information even after a power loss, facilitating speedy system recovery at start-up without the need for system re-homing.
- Facilitates data exchange among connected devices, allowing companies to transition to a networked system and facility.
- Works with CANOpen over EtherCAT, so for users with CANOpen Technology, implementation is straight forward.
- Ready for industry 4.0 and for the IIoT, data exchange between the encoder and other applications has no influence on the control loop.
- Thus it is non-reactive and can work independently from the PLC or master, transferring data through network gateways to other automation networks and sites, and up to the cloud for analysis.
- Medical scanners
- Wind turbines
- Automatic guided vehicles
- Rotary, X/Y positioning tables
The Model A58HE is an EtherCAT-ready, 58mm multi-turn absolute encoder in a hollow bore construction.
The Model A58SE is an EtherCAT-ready, 58mm multi-turn absolute shaft encoder available with either a clamping flange or synchro flange.
Request a quote for the new A58 series of EtherCAT-ready absolute encoders by logging into the online customer portal and submitting a quote or order request, or by emailing us at email@example.com.