Red Lion Controls, a global expert in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, has been serving customers for more than 40 years. They have a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to offer across three product brands including Red Lion, N-Tron and Sixnet. Companies worldwide are increasing their productivity with real-time data visibility enabled by Red Lion’s automation, Ethernet and cellular M2M technology. When Red Lion first set out in the industrial automation industry, they offered sensors, counters and panel meters to monitor and display data within a process or a plant. Driven by customer demands, acquisitions, and technology advancements, their portfolio grew to include HMI operator panels, protocol converters, Ethernet switches and cellular M2M routers.
Red Lion offers a variety of PID (proportional-integral-derivative) Controllers from single to multi-point control with industry leading features and reliable performance. They offer both Panel Mount Controllers and DIN Rail Mount Controllers. Within these models, the Panel Mount Controllers include the PAX®2C, PXU, T48/P48, and TSC/PSC series. The DIN Rail Mount Controllers include Modular Controller and DLC series.
The key features/benefits include:
- Auto tuning of the PID settings
- Advanced control alogrithm for limiting overshoot
- Relay, SSR Drive and Triac outputs
- DIN rail models support over 250 communication protocols
- Panel mounted models offer pluggable option cards
For applications requiring protocol conversion, Red Lion offers high-performance data acquisition products including the Data Station Plus and the high-density Modular Controller. These feature rich products help to optimize your integration time and costs.
The key features/benefits include:
- Modular data acquisition and I/O system for PCs, DCS, or PLC control systems
- Three serial and one Ethernet port standard with expansion options
- Web-based HMI for remote access
- Supports over 250 communication protocols
- Data log directly to CompactFlash
- Send alarms or logged files via email or text
RTUs & I/O Modules
Ideal for advanced automation applications residing in harsh environments are Red Lion’s Sixnet series of industrial RTUs. These RTUs come in a wide variety of models, sizes, communication ports, and on-board I/O options. Red Lion offers the E3 I/O and EtherTRAK-2 industrial I/O modules. The rugged E3 I/O Ethernet-enabled I/O module platform is ideal for harsh industrial environments needing powerful networking, remote monitoring and control capabilities. The Sixnet series EtherTRAK-2 Ethernet enabled I/O modules offer a low cost per I/O point and rugged environmental ratings for reliable sensor or field data collection and communication. They are also ideal for harsh environments that require simple and secure remote monitoring.
The key features/benefits of Red Lion’s RTUs & I/O modules include:
- Built-in Ethernet connectivity
- UL Class I, Division 2 Listed; ABS, CE and CSA certified
- Easily scalable to fit any application
Red Lion offers a variety of signal conditioners from dedicated to universal models capable of accepting over 100 inputs. The universality allows the units to be used almost anywhere for frequency, temperature and process applications. They offer DIN rail mount power supplies in up to 4 amp models and are flexible and easy to configure.
The Red Lion Signal Conditions product line includes:
Red Lion’s analog sensors include:
- current sensors
- temperature sensors
- pressure transducers
Red Lion’s Digital Sensors include:
- shaft-mount encoders
- thru-bore encoders
- length sensors
- photo electric sensors
- proximity sensors
- magnetic sensors
- motor mounts and gears
HMI Operator Panels
Red Lion offers a variety of options in their HMI (Human Machine Interface) product line making them useful in many environments from factories to extreme remote locations. Used across a variety of industries from manufacturing, oil and gas to waste/wastewater, Red Lion’s HMI Operator Panels offer powerful multi-protocol support enabling communication between 300+ industrial protocols. Their panels are configured, at no additional cost to you, with the award-winning, easy-to-use Crimson software.
Their HMI Operator Panel product line includes:
- Graphite HMI Panels
- G3 HMI Panels
- G3 Kadet HMI Panels
With the largest selection of panel meters in the industry, it’s no surprise that Red Lion has been the industry’s #1 brand for Panel Meters for the last 15 years. They offer a comprehensive line of panel meters in various sizes and capabilities including count, rate, time, voltage, current, process, strain gage and temperature inputs.
The Red Lion Panel Standard Meter product line includes:
- PAX2 1/8 DIN Advanced Universal Panel Meters
- PAX 1/8 DIN Analog and Digital Panel Meters
- PAX Lite 1/8 DIN Display Meters
- C48 1/16 DIN Preset Counter and Timer Meters
The Red Lion Panel Miniature
- CUB 5 Analog and Digital Panel Meters
- CUB 4 Analog and Digital Panel Meters
- CUB 7 1/32 DIN Counters and Timers
Large LED Displays
Red Lion offers a wide range of large LED displays with multiple inputs and optional output cards to meet a variety of visual display needs. Available with up to 4 inch (101 mm) tall characters and up to a six digit display, these large industrial displays offer reliable performance in industrial environments.
Full Packaged LED displays include:
- LD2 – 2.25 inch high display
- LD4 – 4 inch high display
Modular Flexibility LED displays include:
- LPAX – 1.5 inch high display
- EPAX – 4 inch high display
Red Lion’s ProducTVity Station lets you easily create sophisticated production scoreboards with it’s ready-to-deploy plant floor visual management system. The ProducTVity Station displays real-time Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data and Andon messages on large televisions to improve productivity and efficiency. Red Lion’s visual management system is ideal for factory floors, processing plants or any place where performance or quality needs to be tracked and monitored.
Key features include:
- support for 300+ protocols, up to 12 simultaneous protocols
- easily integrates with existing equipment
- built-in data logging with time stamping
- virtual HMI with web server for remote viewing and control
- connects to any standard, consumer-grade LCD, LED or plasma TV providing up to 720P output
- synchronization via FTP or Microsoft SQL server
- UL Class 1, Division 2 Listed for hazardous locations