The newest model of the Q3X is now available with fixed background suppression.
Banner Engineering has introduced its latest model in the Q3X family of laser contrast sensors, the Q3X LD50. This new model can overcome the limitations of standard diffuse-mode sensors where objects in the background can affect the sensor. It does this by distinguishing between low-contrast targets while ignoring targets of all colors and reflectivities outside of it’s 60 mm background suppression distance.
Ready for a demo? We can bring the demo to you!
Contact us at email@example.com or contact your KOM Sales Representative, and we’ll bring a demo to you to show you the new contrast sensor in action.
Features & Benefits
This new model boasts all the same features as the original Q3X laser contrast sensor, PLUS it offers fixed background suppression capabilities. Here’s a quick recap of the Q3X features:
- Solves challenging part-detection applications with small contrast differences
- Can detect small changes in contrast at 25 to 300 mm
- High-speed part detection as fast as 250 microseconds, capturing up to 2,000 events per second
- Angled three-digit display is easily viewed from multiple vantage points
- Display provides clear user feedback for easy setup, and bright output indicator provides high visibility
of sensor operation
- Intuitive setup utilizing two tactile buttons
- Rugged, nickel-plated zinc, laser-marked housing suitable for use even in environments where cutting fluids and oils might be present
- Rated to IP67, IP68, and IP69K
- Robust immunity to fluorescent light interference
- NEW! Short-range models available with background suppression capabilitiy
- High speed detection
- Part-detection with small contrast changes
- Any challenging application with small contrast changes
For more details about the original Q3X laser contrast sensor, check out our previous post.