Moog Animatics set new standards for servo motor design with it’s release of the CDS7 option earlier this year. Available with the SM23165 SmartMotor Series, the CDS7 option offers a simple, cost-effective way to create a network of Class 5 D-Style SmartMotor integrated servo motors. It lets you create a CANopen network through either the DB-15 or 7W2 D-Sub connector on the top of the motor to make room for a brake and allowing it to be used in numerous vertical axis applications. With the CDS7 Add-A-Motor cable you can carry CAN Bus, RS-232 communications and power from motor to motor, something that no other integrated motor manufacturer can do!
- RS-232 auto-detection from SMI for easy setup and CAN network addressing
- No need to individually address each motor in the CAN network on startup – SMI detects and auto-addresses every SmartMotor in the system, with a single line of code.
- Foolproof Pass-Thru Terminator, easily installed on the DB-15 connector of the last motor
- A compact design that decreases the required space in the machine
- Full backward compatibility with the previous CDS option, allowing CDS7 motors to be used in new or old systems
- Combitronic technology for simplified motor-to-motor communications
- I/O Device CAN Bus Mastering for simple, economical and effective total machine control with just the SmartMotor
- Improves ease of use
- Provides installation flexibility
- Saves time
- Saves money
- When combined with the Combitronic technology:
- Provides machine builders with the 1-2 punch they need to get ahead of the competition
- Faster development
- Easy machine replication
- Speed to market
Request a Quote and Learn More:
For more information about the Moog Animatics SmartMotor products visit http://www.animatics.com/products/smartmotor. To request a quote or to request an appointment with a KOM Sales Engineer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.